Outreach Worker, Stranraer
Salary: £23,920.66 per annum, pro-rata
Hours: Part time, 21 hours per week
Closing date: Midday, 4th October 2023
How to apply
Submit your application via our BreatheHR portal. Please remember to click ‘upload’ after attaching your application form on the portal.
We welcome and encourage job applications from people of all backgrounds.
If you consider yourself to have a disability, please complete the relevant section within the application pack to inform us of any arrangements that we may make to the interview process.
We reserve the right to close this advert earlier or later than stated. Please don’t delay your application to avoid any disappointment.
About the role
Location: Millennium Centre, 75 George Street, Stranraer, DG9 7JP
You will work mainly on a one to one basis in the community, and/or in people’s homes being responsible for one to one support, including carrying a case load and developing and reviewing personal support plans. You will work autonomously being able to judge when you refer to your Manager, taking responsibility for your own work.
Who are we looking for?
The ideal candidate will have experience of working in the mental health field or in another area of support work, an SVQ3 (or equivalent) qualification in Health and Social Care.
A driving licence and access to a vehicle are essential for this role.
If you are interested in this opportunity but unsure that you have all of the qualifications and experience required, please don’t hesitate to get in touch for an informal discussion.
We are committed to exploring flexible working opportunities, which benefit the individual, and the charity and we are a “Happy to Talk Flexible” employer.
- Professional development including funded opportunities.
- A generous 37 days’ holiday.
- A 35-hour working week, enhanced sick pay & season ticket loan.
- A great work life balance with flexible and blended working environment.
- 24/7 access to an award-winning Employee Assistance Programme providing free legal, financial and medical advice as well as support with life’s challenges.
- Enhanced sick pay and leave entitlements
- Paid Mental Wellbeing Days
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Blue Light discount card